Friday, June 6, 2014

Unfamiliar familiar friend



pierces my soul again this night.

a migratory heart that fears to migrate


"I can see a crowd of men retreating
as he stands between a woman and their stones
and the mercy in his holy heart is beating..."

words twist together with self-declared brilliance,
yet external chaos


ahh yes. but to truly, hope-fully live. that is the rarity, my friend.

if but just a drop drips
to my parched soul


oh, to stand in the moment
where glory meets my suffering

I'm alive.  Right?

O, to hear You to say "it's over now"

"it was harder than we dreamed
but I believe that's what the promise is for..."
I need to believe Your promise.

I feel like an 80 year-old woman sitting down to write-
heavy and exhausted from the journey. ready to carry on, yet ready to let go.

only I don't have all the years paired with the experience.
so here I confess my heart's deepest longing to let go. 
I fear I've carried
too
much.
for too long.

"when I lose my way, find me
when I lose love's chains
bind me
at the end of all my faith,
til the end of all my days,
when I forget my name
remind me........
"


"He became ugly that we might become beauty."


change. longing.

 becoming my unfamiliar familiar friend.

Remind me now of my name, Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment