So, I'm trying this new thing.
I used to have it in my mind that after graduating from college, I need to have it all figured out. and once I get a job, that's it--my life is, from that day forward, pretty much mapped out for me. I'm sure I was not alone in this blissfully naive mindset.
Funny how I'm sensing that even after receiving my third degree, I may have even less figured out than I did when I started my undergrad career! Funny also how I've never felt more at peace about that.
What I've started doing as of late is taking note of the things I do know, and riding on my passion to fill in the gaps.
I DO know:
I care more about people than I could ever express in words.
I struggle all the time to find words that adequately express the strength, depth, intensity, etc. of what I am feeling and thinking, but I am learning that it's okay to stumble through it sometimes.
I don't ever want to stop fighting for people.
I will never stop learning, and there is freedom (not bondage) in that.
Optimism changes the way I view the world.
It's okay if my mind thinks differently and is in a different place than everyone else's around me. In fact, I think maybe that's the point of education--and perhaps life in general...?
College students rock.
The once despised bitter brown drink known as coffee has become an essential food group.
To name a few...
Ultimately: I desire to (re)focus my mind and allow myself the luxury of processing (the good, the bad, the ugly, the every day) in order to gain perspective(s) I never even knew existed.

No comments:
Post a Comment